Rice is one of the worst things for food poisoning. I learned this in the chef's course I took last year. It is very important that once cooked you keep it really hot until serving time. Once cooked, keep hot (not longer than two hours) because the spores of Bacillus cereus ( a bacterium which is found in soil where rice may grow), may revert to bacteria, multiply and produce toxin (poison). Most people when they have eaten chinese food or an Indian meal, blame the chicken or curry if they get sick after, but it is really the rice that is the culprit! I would really suggest not cooking it until just before you need it, and if you really do need to cook it ahead of time, keep it warm in a chafing dish or slow cooker. Add a few tablespoons of water to keep it from sticking. It is not really recommended to reheat rice because of the high risk of food poisoning. Hope this was helpful.