Post by chief_cook2 on Jan 14, 2007 17:55:18 GMT -6
For the filling: knob of butter sprig fresh rosemary 1 tbsp caster (refined granulated) sugar 1 apple peeled, cored and finely sliced ready-made puff pastry, cut into a 20cm (8in) circle honey, to drizzle For the sauce: 30g (1oz) caster (refined granulated) sugar 30g (1oz) butter 110ml (4fl oz) double (heavy) cream
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
2. Heat the butter, sugar and rosemary in a saucepan until the sugar has melted and it is a golden brown colour. Add the apple slices, stir well and cook for five minutes, or until the apple is softened.
3. Remove the apple mixture from the heat and mash to a puree.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the puff pastry. Spread the pastry with the mashed apple mixture. Drizzle with honey and place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until risen and golden.
5. For the sauce, melt the sugar and butter together in a clean saucepan. Once melted, turn up the heat and add the cream. Bring to the boil and cook until thickened.
6. To serve, pour the sauce over the tart.
Happiness keeps You Sweet, Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keep You Humble, Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going!