Post by chief_cook2 on Apr 20, 2005 14:40:49 GMT -6
Vegetable Lo Mein
1 package (16 ounces) linguine or spaghetti 1/3 cup hoisin sauce 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch 3 teaspoons vegetable oil 1 package (10 ounces) sliced mushrooms 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger 1 package (10 ounces) shredded carrots 3 small zucchini (about 6 ounces each), each cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1. Prepare linguine as label directs but do not use salt.
2. Meanwhile, in cup, stir hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
3. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in ginger; cook 30 seconds. Remove mushroom mixture to bowl.
4. In same skillet, in remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, cook carrots 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in zucchini and green onions and cook about 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in chicken broth, cornstarch mixture, and mushroom mixture. Heat to boiling; cook 1 minute.
5. To serve, toss linguine, cooked vegetable mixture, and rice vinegar together in large serving bowl.
Each serving: About 570 calories, 20 g protein, 111 g carbohydrate, 7 g total fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium.
Happiness keeps You Sweet, Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keep You Humble, Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going!