Triple Layer Cheesecake Sept 30, 2005 9:15:27 GMT -6
Post by chief_cook2 on Sept 30, 2005 9:15:27 GMT -6
Create a stunning grand finale to your autumn dinner party with layers of vanilla, butterscotch, and milk chocolate cheesecake. Drizzle with all three colors to make this basic recipe a gourmet delight.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup dairy sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips, melted*
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted*
1 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips, melted*
TRIPLE DRIZZLE(recipe follows, optional)
1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir together 1-1/3 cups batter with melted butterscotch chips in medium bowl; pour into prepared crust. In another medium bowl, stir together 1-1/3 cups batter with melted chocolate chips; pour over butterscotch layer. Stir together remaining batter with melted white chips; stir until smooth. Pour over chocolate layer.
3. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center of cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan. Cool to room temperature.
4. Drizzle TRIPLE DRIZZLE, one flavor at a time, over top of cheesecake, if desired. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 12 to 14 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers), 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa; stir in 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool.
* To melt chips: Place chips in separate microwave-save bowls. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
TRIPLE DRIZZLE: Place 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Repeat procedure with 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips.