Labor Day Beef Kebabs Sept 16, 2004 15:20:56 GMT -6
Post by chief_cook2 on Sept 16, 2004 15:20:56 GMT -6
Still trying to decide what to make for Labor Day? Here's a great idea that's ready in less than 30 minutes and will make your get-together something special. Bring a platter of these kebabs to the table and watch the crowd enjoy good times and good eating!
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound top round steak, 1-inch thick
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
8 onion wedges
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1. Preheat broiler or grill. Whisk lemon juice, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons water, mustard, honey, oregano and black pepper in a large bowl. Place half of mixture in another bowl.
2. Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes. Place steak cubes in 1 bowl of sauce, stirring to coat.
3. Drain steak, discarding sauce. Thread steak, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms alternately onto four 12-inch skewers. If broiling, arrange skewers on a broiler pan.
4. Broil or grill 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce, 9 to 12 minutes for rare to medium. Season with salt and additional black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 265 Cal.; 27g Protein; 13g Fat; 12g Carb.; 132mg Sodium; 71mg Chol.; 2g Fiber
* For the most tender kebabs, be sure to choose top round steak. A little meat tenderizer, used according to the directions on the bottle, will also help ensure that the texture isn't tough or chewy.
* This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to accommodate the size of your crowd.