Pelmeni Jan 10, 2003 15:06:16 GMT -6
Post by chief_cook2 on Jan 10, 2003 15:06:16 GMT -6
40 minutes (30 min prep, 10 min cooking)
Russian meat pastries can be boiled or fried.
1/2 kg pork
1/2 kg beef
flour (3 parts)
water (1 part)
1. Prepare meat filling: Mix together egg, pork, beef, onion, pepper and salt well.
2. Prepare the dough: Mix flour, water and salt into a thick dough.
3. Roll the dough thin.
4. Cut out circles of the dough with the help of a glass or a cup.
5. Put a piece of meat filling into the middle the dough circle.
6. Fold the circle and stick the edges together.
7. Put them into salted boiling water and cook for 7-10 minutes.
8. They are ready when they lift up on the surface of the water.
9. Lift the cooked pelmenies out from the water, drain, and place on a plate.
10. Or fry the pelmeni with some oil in a frying-pan.
11. Put it on the plate, add some sour-cream, pepper, butter, sauce and so on.
12. Or put it on a deep plate, add some chicken broth.
13. For Fried pelmenies: eat with about 100 ml of Russian vodka.
Serving Size 1 serving
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 206
Amount Per Serving %RDA
Total Fat 22.9g 35%
Saturated Fat 9.2g 46%
Polyunsat. Fat 1g
Monounsat. Fat 10g
Cholesterol 102mg 34%
Sodium 66mg 3%
Potassium 228mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 1.7g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1%
Protein 15g 30%
Vitamin A 47mcg 1%
Vitamin B6 0mg 0%
Vitamin B12 2mcg 33%
Vitamin C 1mg 2%
Vitamin E 0mcg 0%
Calcium 13.9mg 1%
Magnesium 16mg 4%
Iron 2mg 11%
Percentage Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.
Nutritional information provided here is an estimate based on ingredients, which means there are imperfections. We encourage you to learn how Nutritional Facts are calculated, so you know how to interpret this data.