Turkey Breast with Orange- Raspberry Glaze Jan 10, 2003 14:48:04 GMT -6
Post by chief_cook2 on Jan 10, 2003 14:48:04 GMT -6
1 hour 40 minutes (10 min prep, 1 hr 30 min cooking)
This is a lower fat, smaller yield option to a whole bird that should please health-conscious or/and small families.
5–5 1/2 lbs turkey breast, skinned and boned
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries , thawed
1/3 cup sugar
1. Place turkey breast in a 13x9x2-inch pan.
2. Pour orange juice over breast, and sprinkle with orange rind, sage, thyme, and pepper.
3. Cover and bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170*, basting breast frequently with pan drippings.
4. Transfer turkey to serving platter.
5. Measure 1 cup pan drippings, adding water, if necessary, to obtain that amount; strain and set aside.
6. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan, stirring well.
7. Add raspberries, sugar, and reserved pan drippings.
8. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
9. Serve with turkey.
10. Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 148
Amount Per Serving %RDA
Total Fat 16.4g 25%
Saturated Fat 4.6g 23%
Polyunsat. Fat 4g
Monounsat. Fat 5.4g
Cholesterol 162mg 54%
Sodium 138mg 6%
Potassium 742mg 21%
Total Carbohydrate 16.2g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9%
Protein 63.2g 126%
Vitamin A 112mcg 2%
Vitamin B6 1mg 50%
Vitamin B12 1mcg 17%
Vitamin C 24mg 40%
Vitamin E 0mcg 0%
Calcium 60.4mg 6%
Magnesium 69mg 17%
Iron 3mg 17%
Percentage Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.