Chicken Breasts with Corn Bread Dressing Jul 9, 2003 7:54:15 GMT -6
Post by chief_cook2 on Jul 9, 2003 7:54:15 GMT -6
1 Tbsp (15mL)Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
1 Tbsp (15mL)Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend™
1 Tbsp (15mL) fresh parsley
4 4 Oz. (120g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp (15mL) unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup (240mL) chopped celery
1/2 cup (120mL) chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp (7mL) Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
2 tsp (10mL) ground sage
2 cups/7 Oz. (480mL) coarsely crumbled corn bread
2 cups (480mL) unseasoned croutons
1 cup (240mL)fat-free low sodium chicken broth
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min
1. Chop parsley.
2. Combine Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend™, parsley, mix lightly.
3. Coat chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning blend mixture.
4. Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot.
5. Add chicken breasts to skillet, cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly brown. Remove chicken breasts from skillet, set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
7. Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
8. Add celery, onion, Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, sage, mixing to blend.
9. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
10. Combine cornbread crumbs and croutons in mixing bowl.
11. Add vegetable mixture and broth, mixing to blend.
12. Spoon dressing mixture to 2 1/2 Qt. (3L) baking dish lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange chicken breasts on top of dressing mixture.
13. Cover, bake at 350°F (180°C) 45 minutes.
14. Remove cover, continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken breast registers internal temperature of 170°F (80°C).
15. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 412 Sodium: 654 mg
Total Fat: 13 g Potassium: 406 mg
Saturated Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 39 g
Unsaturated Fat: 2 g Fiber: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g Protein: 34 g
Cholesterol: 74 mg